Research and Publications
Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of Basal Ganglia in Depression. This was the title of the study during his second year of training in Psychiatry at KG’s Medical College, Lucknow, India. It aimed at studying the basal ganglia of patients during depression using the noninvasive technique of Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy. Data of patients were compared to the data of controls and were also analyzed for within group differences. No significant differences were found. The study was presented as his thesis to the University and was accepted
Mental health symptoms post conflict: a case series of patients in west Belfast. by Dr. Maneesh Gupta, Patricia Campbell, Elizabeth Schumacher. Presented at “ Siege and Mental Health . . . Walls vs. Bridges” an international conference in Palestine on 27-28th October, 2008. Organized by Gaza Community Mental Health Programme (GCMHP) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- Peer reviewer for BMJ, Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health, Journal of Sexual Medicine, Progress in Neuropsychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry, Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Journal of Medical Case Reports
- Chaired a session on “Consultant Contract” at a meeting of Internationally Recruited Indian Doctors Association (IRIDA), Birmingham. (2005)
- He authored and published four newsletters about psychiatric disorders for general practitioners in India. These were distributed free of cost with the aim of generating awareness and knowledge about the diagnosis and treatment of depression and anxiety disorders
- Gupta M: Clozapine monotherapy for 66 months in treatment resistant bipolar disorder: a case report. J Clin Psychopharmacol 2009 Oct; 29(5): 501-3
- Gupta M: Alcohol withdrawal and prolonged hospital stay in a patient with neuroimaging abnormalities: a case report. Alcohol and Alcoholism 2009 Mar-Apr;44(2): 183-4. Epub 2009 Jan 9.
- Gupta M, Annadatha S: Treating bipolar disorder in patients with renal failure having haemodialysis: two case reports. Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health 2008, 4:21 (26 July 2008) http://www.cpementalhealth.com/content/4/1/21
- Gupta M: Clozapine and co-prescribed psychotropics: a short report. Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health 2008, 4:11 (25 April 2008) http://www.cpementalhealth.com/content/4/1/11 (Highly Accessed)
- Gupta M, Caddy J: Deaf client with bipolar illness: a case report. Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health 2007, 3:19 (28 Sept 2007) http://www.cpementalhealth.com/content/3/1/19
- Gupta M: Low dose quetiapine induced galactorrhoea: a case report. Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health 2007, 3:12 (24 July 2007) http://www.cpementalhealth.com/content/3/1/12
- Gupta M: Divalproex sodium in severe anaemia: A case report. Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health 2007, 3:9 (10 July 2007) http://www.cpementalhealth.com/content/3/1/9